NETFA launched ‘Fresh Voices on FGM/C’ podcast series
On 06 February 2023, the International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM/C, NETFA launched the ‘Fresh Voices on FGM/C‘ podcast series as part of an online seminar with our partners, Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Australia (FGMAA) and Western Sydney University.
You can access the seminar, here.
The webinar featured an incredible panel of speakers including:
- Dr. Ngatho Mugo from NSW Health (Sydney, Eora Country)
- Dr. Mercy Moraa from Refugee Health Network Queensland, Mater Hospital (Brisbane, Meanjin)
- Monica P. Diaz from the University of South Australia (Adelaide, Kaurna Country)
- Graduates from the NETFA Leadership Program, Sara Yousif (Meanjin) and Patience Afor (Ngunnawal Country)
- Rani Pramesti, Senior Project Officer for NETFA, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (Melbourne, Wurundjeri Country)
The online seminar was co-hosted by:
- Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Australia FGMAA: a FGM research organisation using empirical evidence to raise awareness about FGM/C and help to eliminate FGM/C practices;
- Western Sydney University: Ranked No.1 University in the world for gender equality by Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking and one of the few Australian Universities with signatories to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health: a feminist organisation for migrant and refugee women to achieve equity in women’s health and wellbeing;
- NETFA: the National Education Toolkit for Female Genital Mutilation / Cutting / Circumcision (FGM/C) Awareness (a project coordinated by the Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health).
You can listen to the podcasts, here.