You are invited to an online seminar to mark the International Day for Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation / Cutting 2023, co-hosted by NETFA, Western Sydney University and Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Australia.
Date and Time: Monday, 6 February 2023, 12:30-2:30pm AEDT
Location: Zoom link to be sent after you register
Please let us know if you have any access requirements by 9am AEDT on 30 January 2023, e.g. interpreters, childcare subsidy, help with accessing strong internet.
What is this online event about?
This event will raise awareness about Female Genital Mutilation / Cutting / Circumcision (FGM/C) and provide new educational resources aimed at health professionals in Australia.
We will be launching NETFA’s “Fresh Voices on FGM/C” podcast series as part of the event.
Who is this event for?
This event is open to:
- People from communities affected by FGM/C
- Health professionals supporting people affected by FGM/C
- Advocates working to end FGM/C and/or support people affected by FGM/C
- Academics and scholars working to spread knowledge about best practice approaches to working with communities affected by FGM/C
The event will have a particular focus on resources produced for / by people based in Australia.
Who is organising this event?
This event is co-hosted by:
- Female Genital Mutilation Awareness Australia FGMAA: a FGM research organisation using empirical evidence to raise awareness about FGM/C and help to eliminate FGM/C practices;
- Western Sydney University: Ranked No.1 University in the world for gender equality by Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking and one of the few Australian Universities with signatories to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health: a feminist organisation for migrant and refugee women to achieve equity in women’s health and wellbeing;
- NETFA: the National Education Toolkit for Female Genital Mutilation / Cutting / Circumcision (FGM/C) Awareness (a project coordinated by the Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health).
Still have questions?
- Adhis Cole, Co-Founder & Co-Researcher FGMAA (QLD Ambassador): email@example.com
- Dr. Olayide Ogunsiji, Western Sydney University &Co-Founder FGMAA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rani Pramesti, Senior Project Officer for NETFA: email@example.com
Where can I find an event flyer?
You can download the PDF flyer for the event, here: FGMAA & NETFA 2023 EVENT.